The orphanage “Keur Mame Diarra” had the blessing of Serigne Sidy Mokhtar Mbacke (Khalif General des Mourides) on March 23, 2012. The facility opened its doors July 5th, 2012.
Young instructors known as “Serigne Daara” whose goals are to serve GOD almighty work tirelessly through humanitarian actions for the benefit of the less fortunate and the forgotten members of our communities. AN AI Khidma has been promoting the awareness through social and cultural means.
AN AI Khidma has been recognized in accordance with provisions of law 68-08 of March 26, 1968.
- Orphans children
- Abandoned children
- Children from mothers with behavioral issuesThe Founding Members of the Orphanage:
- Moustapha Diop
- Fallou Ndiaye
- Abdoukhadre Mbacké
- Serigne Abdoulahad Mbacké
- Fallou Sylla
- Sokhna Mame Bousso Bousso
- Ousmane Gueye
- Cheikhouna LO
- Elimane NIANG
- Mame Khary NDIAYE
- Sokhna Mariama NDIAYEBetween July 2012 and September 2017, the orphanage admitted 177 children of which 134 have been released.
- Internal: 87 (46 boys and 41 girls)
- External: 65 (35 boys and 30 girls)
Towards the end of year 2017, a total of 43 orphans are current admitted – 22 of them are internal and 21 are external.